Good afternoon, folks – any plans on the calendar for April 11th? We’re cutting the ribbon on your newest Holiday World location, out in Willis, TX, and would like to cordially invite you and yours to attend!
Holiday World of Willis will be our third Houston location and feature the largest RV & Accessory showroom in the area. Our service facility offers ten state-of-the-art service bays to more efficiently care for your trailers and motorhomes. Our sales department represents the household-name manufacturers like Keystone, Grand Design, Airstream, Fleetwood RV, Coachmen and Little Guy. You’ll also want to check out our huge selection of used RV’s, Houston’s largest selection. If you decide to purchase an RV during our Grand Opening, you’ll want to take advantage of our special finance options being provided by our lenders.
After you’re done taking the grand tour, and filling up on our homemade cookies, you’re welcome to sit in on some of the seminars we’re pleased to be offering. Some of the topics include:
- RV Satellites
- Sway Pro Hitches
- Pull-Rite Fifth Wheel Hitches
- Blue Ox Tow Bars for hooking up behind your motorhome
- Dawn Bitz, the “Camping and Outdoor Style Diva.” The founder of Grasshaven Outdoor is the nations first and leading retailer of stylish camping equipment and RV housewares. She’ll be lending her expertise on ways to take your RV experience to the next level and change what you think it means to camp comfortably.
So come on down to Willis, TX around mid-morning on April 11th and say hello. We’re excited to meet you and it would be our pleasure to show you around our home and welcome you to the family.
– The Holiday World of Houston Team.
Looking for the perfect holiday gift for your favorite RVer? Look no further! Here are some helpful tips when shopping for RVers:
- Size matters – The most important thing to keep in mind is the size of the RV: your gift should fit practically into their RV without hassle. Gifts with the words “portable”, “foldable”, and “stackable” are probably safe bets.
- Function trumps fashion – With such a limited amount of space, RVers are rarely concerned with appearances; look for gifts that will serve a specific function, instead of picking a bulky piece of art, for example, which they may never find the space to display.
- Know your facts – Try to get some info about their RV lifestyle. Are they full-time or part-time? Class A or Class C? Travel trailer or fifth wheel? Knowing the answers to these questions will help you to hone in on the perfect gift.
- Be creative – Everyone appreciates a gift with a little extra thought! Your gift options aren’t limited solely to RV products; also consider travel gifts, personalized gifts, handy electronics, and useful gift cards.
Check out these links to some cool gift ideas at our very own Holiday World of Houston parts store! Stop by today and find the perfect holiday gift for your favorite RVer… they’ll be happy that you did!
Little Red Portable Campfire – This compact, portable campfire is great for campsites with fire restrictions against in-ground fires. Or take it tailgating, put it on the patio…its size is convenient and perfect for wherever you need a fire.
Chair Utility Table – This utility table is adjustable and removable, designed to fit most popular RV folding chairs.
The Telescoping Rolla Roaster – A fun, handy tool for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows over campfires, backyard barbecues and fireplaces.
Freedom Flashlight – The flashlight that’s always ready when you need it. The hybrid technology gives you the freedom of choice. The first click on the switch is a Lithium powered light. The second click is an endless, self-generated light. Just shake the light to generate power. A “must have” item for all RVers!
State Sticker Map – Featuring durable and long lasting adhesive construction, each sticker depicts a license plate graphic of each state. Add more states to your map as you reach new destinations. Peel and press vinyl stickers resist water, sun and salt.
First things first. I’m sure you’re thinking to yourself, “Why should I spend my time/money on a whole new RV mattress…when I already have one?” Or, you’re thinking, “Wait, what IS a Denver mattress??” Either way, I have the answer(s) you’re looking for! Whether you’re a new buyer or a long-time RV owner, this mattress will change the way you live in your RV, guaranteed. Here’s why:
1. QUALITY PRODUCTS This RV Supreme Euro Top all-foam mattress offers a high quality foam core and euro top quilt for superior comfort and support.
2. CONVENIENCE Say goodbye to the days of hauling a bulky RV mattress into your camper! With one simple motion, you can unroll your conveniently-packed RV Queen Bed or RV King Bed with ease! Each Denver Mattress is individually compressed just prior to shipping and rolled into a 16″ x 16″ box. This box is the exact width of the RV Queen/King Bed itself, so that it’s saving space while still managing to be lightweight. Upon unwrapping, the RV mattress expands to its full 11″ thickness, and you can then immediately enjoy its luxurious comfort!
3. COMFORT The all-foam core, made up of a combination of high density foam and BioFlex soy-based foam, provide the appropriate amount of support for proper sleeping posture, ensuring that you will awake well-rested and refreshed.
4. NATURE-LOVING Its soy-based material makes this RV mattress not only environmentally friendly, but also fire retardant.
5. YOU DESERVE IT! You spend countless hours on the road in your RV, chasing one adventure after another. Doesn’t all that adventuring require a good-night’s sleep? Well now you can sleep like you’re home snug in your bed… even when you’re not!
We are proud to now offer the Denver Mattress here at the Holiday World of Houston parts store— come in today and swap out your old RV mattress for a chance at convenient luxury!
Need more info on Holiday World? Check out our latest YouTube video featuring the latest in 2017 units, or read testimonials from satisfied customers!
Remember that old Charmin toilet paper commercial where Mr. Wipple sold Charmin toilet paper? That commercial sold a lot of bathroom tissue. So much that everybody wanted Charmin in their bathrooms. Even RVers want that squezzably soft tissue in their RVs.
The problem is that most RV holding tanks do not digest that stuff very well. Charmin as well as other name brands tend to build up in most black tanks creating a bit of messy problem to say the least. For years RVers had to settle for that easily bio-degradable toilet paper that has the consistency of wrapping tissue and the texture of sand paper. It never quite worked as well as the “good stuff” from the grocery store we all became accustomed to. But if we were going to camp or travel in our RVs we had to put up with what wouldn’t clog our tanks. Life was rough!!
Well, thanks to the wonders of modern chemistry, our time spent in our “personal reading room” has now been improved. Unique Manufacturing and Marketing Inc of Arvada, CO has come out with a new product that digests the solid waste black tank build up that plagues all us RVers all the time. Instead of using harsh chemicals that pollute the water system, RV Digest-It Concentrate uses safe bacteria and enzymes that grow by eating and dissolving the solid waste build-up in our back tanks turning that messy gunk into harmless carbon dioxide and water. Not only will this product not harm the environment, it is actually good for the local eco-system. So, all you tree huggers aught to feel warm and fuzzy all over with that news.
This means that we can once again enjoy the soft, perfumed luxury of the “good brand” of toilet paper even when we are away from home. RV Digest-It not only eliminates clogs and back-ups in your black tank system, it also deodorizes your system as well. It’s a two-for. What a country!!
I realize an article about toilet paper and black tanks might not be the proper subject for polite conversations however, for all us dedicated RVers it is a serious subject we have all dealt with at one time or another. The purpose of RVing is to make life a fun adventure and not and ordeal of maintenance headaches. We all know when the black tank backs up nobody has any fun.
You can find this great product in the parts department at Holiday World of Houston and this article is just a friendly reminder that even the most tasteless subjects have a place in the lexicon of all RV enthusiasts. Don’t let a clogged black tank spoil your next trip. Keep reading this blog for the latest in tips and tricks to make your RV lifestyle something to be proud of.